top of page
The Fidalgo Fly Fishers is a non-profit organization committed to promoting environmental
conservation and restoration of fish habitat through education and fly fishing.
Fidalgo Fly Fishers was organized in late 1974, (See Club History link below) and has been an affiliated club of the Fly Fishers International since 1975. Our members are men and women who live on Fidalgo Island, the Skagit Valley and the surrounding area who are interested in the sport of fly fishing. The members include anglers of all levels of ability, ranging from beginners to internationally recognized experts. The Fidalgo Fly Fishers members affirm the domestic and international acceptance of the Fly Fishers International "Code of Angling Ethics" through observance of the Fidalgo Fly Fishers' Aims & Purposes.
Fly Fishers International's Code of Angling Ethics
Fly anglers understand and obey laws and regulations associated with the fishery.
Fly anglers believe fly fishing is a privilege and a responsibility.
Fly anglers conserve fisheries by limiting their catch.
Fly anglers do not judge fellow anglers and treat them as they would expect to be treated.
Fly anglers respect the waters occupied by other anglers so that fish are not disturbed.
When fishing from a watercraft, fly anglers do not crowd other anglers or craft or unnecessarily disturb the water.
Fly anglers respect other angling methods and promote this Code of Angling Ethics to all anglers.
Fidalgo Fly Fishers' Aims & Purposes.
1. To promote the sport of fly-fishing in the State of Washington.
2. To promote and work for the betterment of all waters, all fish.
3. To encourage and advocate the conservation and increase of all native fish in the waters of the State of Washington.
4. To promote a campaign of education against pollution of all waters of the State of Washington.
5. To encourage and assist any person to become a fly fisher.
6. To cooperate with the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife and other organizations whose goals coincide with those of this Club in enhancing the quality of fisheries in the State of Washington.
7. To promote adherence to and education regarding fishing regulations on waters set aside for fly-fishing only.
8. To provide opportunities for members to enjoy the various aspects of fly fishing with others in our membership.
bottom of page