Author Topic: Lone Lake Outing  (Read 95 times)

admin

• Administrator
Lone Lake Outing
« Opened on July 21, 2017, 04:56:33 PM (Edited October 18, 2017, 12:07:44 PM) »
Lone Lake Outing

Coordinator Terry Abrams  Date: TBD

Need a minimum of 6 members
http://www.southwhidbeyrecord.com/news/394637561.html
http://offc.org/2016/lone-lake-fish-kill-mystery-solved/

An informal outing to Lone Lake, on Whidbey Island, will be held on xxxxxxxxth at 9AM weather permitting since it can be extremely windy there at times..  This will be a weekend opportunity/excuse to fish a lake that maybe new to some of our club members.   Maybe everybody can meet in park and bring your own lunch and meet at noon to compare notes. First timers can contact Terry with any questions.
Given the drive I will be there at xxam

Can be a good chironomid  and/or woolley bugger fishery.  The lake has just been re-stocked and Jake Jacobson has kept the club updated on the status of the Carp problem in the Lake.

This lake is managed as a quality fishing water with selective gear rules in effect, except electric motors are allowed.  Daily trout limit is one fish, with a minimum size of 18 inches. A mix of stocked catchable-size and larger triploid Rainbow Trout are stocked annually. Fishing is best in the spring and the fall, but fish can be consistently caught throughout the year. Anglers use various lures and flies here: leech and chironomid fly patterns, and large lures. A bloodworm fly pattern is often effective in February and early March. Introduced warmwater species (i.e. Largemouth Bass, Yellow Perch and Brown Bullhead and Carp) are also present in the lake. They are regulated under statewide rules for size and daily limits, but selective gear rules still apply (i.e. no bait, unscented lures only, and single barbless hooks only). A large WDFW access on the north shore has a concrete boat ramp, parking area and toilets.

Directions: Off Highway 525 at light turn North onto Bayview Road. Turn West
on Andreason Road and then South on Lone Lake Road. Go to stop sign
(Corner of Andreason and Lone Lake Rd.) and then turn left. Follow the road to the park and fishing access on the right.
Amenities: Boat Ramp, 2 Vault Restroom, Picnic Area & BBQ, Parking Area.   Don’t forget your WDFW access pass.

I plan to be at the lake about 9am, bring your lunch and let’s go fishing!  If you have any questions or need directions send an e-mail to or talk to Terry Abrams at the April meeting.